Since I last wrote about the house,
- The interior walls are primed.
- The bookcases in the hall are in.
- The garage doors have been hung.
- The hardwood floors are laid -- excepting for about four square feet in my bedroom where they ran out of flooring.
- The tile floors are being laid as we speak.
- The drive has been graded and spread with crush-and-run.
- The light fixtures and ceiling fans are ready to be installed.
- Finishing the wood floors.
- Laying the vinyl flooring in the studio.
- Installing the bathroom cabinets and toilets.
- Installing the light fixtures.
- Painting the interior.
Last week I ordered furniture for my studio -- a sturdy table, a couple kitchen islands on casters which I can use for cutting and pressing stations, and some chairs. I also ordered a small table for my kitchen. This furniture is unfinished and I'm looking forward to finishing it. It's been a few years (probably 20!) since I finished any furniture, and the products available now for the DIYer look pretty user-friendly. I also found a pair of twin beds when my mother-in-law took me to the Metrolina Antique Show near Charlotte. They are mahogany and seem to be sort of Art-Deco style -- perhaps from the 20s or 30s.
So I'm hopeful that the end is in sight. I'm ready to be in my own home, sorting through stuff and settling in.