Tuesday, February 16, 2016

London Bound

  He who is tired of London is tired of life
                 --Samuel Johnson

  I'm planning on spending the month of March in London. I have my plane ticket and I've arranged for a flat near Marble Arch.
   My flat is centrally located. It's a studio with a small kitchen so I can have some of my meals in. You know I love to eat
and love explore local cuisines, but sometimes having a bite in can be enjoyable, too. There's a Waitrose supermarket nearby. 

   So what will I be up to while I'm there? Right now I'm making a list of activities. When I get to London I'll decide what things to do on what days. Here are a few of the things on my list:

  • Traditional: Imperial War Museum, British Mseum, National Portrait Gallery, the Tate
  • Unusual: gin making class, the Foundling Museum, the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers
And if you have any suggestions for me, feel free to leave them in the comments.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dorothy! This is so exciting! I would recommend the Royal School of Needlework. It's headquartered at Hampton Court. They do fabulous restorations and original work. The lace for Kate Windsor's wedding gown was made there!

Sandy

Unknown said...

We had a wonderful tour through Ben Franklin's house. It's not really your basic tour but one lead by an actor who plays the woman he stayed with. It was very interesting and not at all what I expected.

Yolanda