Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Wheels on the Bus

I've been remiss in posting the last few days. But I'm a convert to bus riding and now I can't get enough of it. It's like a free tour. Today I went to the Courtauld Gallery to see the Botticelli exhibit. But the bus ride was just as fun. Trafalger Square, the church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, just watching London pass by was part of the experience. 

I saw something rather odd. It's common to see buskers in the subway stations -- musicians or other performer who do their thing and have a hat out to collect money from passersby. Some stations even have dedicated areas for buskers. The stations have good acoustics, and the performers aren't hampered by bad weather. But today I saw a busker on the street and he was playing the bagpipes! The fellow was piping away enthusiastically, but I wonder how he was doing financially!

My friend Collier arrives in London on Thursday and I'm looking forward to doing touristy stuff with him during my last week here. I've been here three weeks and am enjoying myself thoroughly.  

Steps walked today: 4,180

No comments: